Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking progress

Hi all,

For the past 5 weeks i have been gathering evidence to support the dev matters/ELG's such as sticky label observations, photographs, long observations. I am now unsure what to do with them! Last year I would link all evidence to the profile scale points.

Are people linking evidence to the age bands now rather than the specific bullet points laid out in the 'unique child' column of the revised EYFS?

Really cannot get my head around it!! Not sure how I can show progress.

Help!

Claire x

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi

I adapted something someone posted on here.

I have numbered the bullet points in the ELG and any other evidence which fits into 40-60 or earlier I have just put the initials and age band eg. PD 30-50 or F+B (feelings and behaviour) 40-60 etc.

I can't think how else to do it that doesn't involve lots of writing on top of the work load we already have?

This the tracker thing I have put together in the interim - I couldn't fit 30-50 for MD, EAD or PD so if I can't highlight in the 40-60 in these areas then I know they are 30-50. I hope this make sense.

Progress Tracker 2012.doc

CX

Are people linking evidence to the age bands now

Yes is the answer!

From the Ofsted Inspection Handbook Sept 2012:

"Progress from the age-related expectations at the beginning of Nursery, to the age-related expectations at the beginning of Reception, on to the end of Reception where they can be compared with Early Years Foundation Stage Profile national figures is likely to represent expected progress during the Early Years Foundation Stage."

So you track using the stages of development .

Cx

i do same as chunkyman. just pop post-its and annotated photos in learning journeys and reference to development matters bands. i'm nursery so i start at 22-36 months as our children come in very low. 3 are in 16-26 for psed and c&l so they are straight into referral for health visator..... i have attached my numbered statements. then we decide if they are just starting band, secure in band or somewhere in between. then we can show progress by showing that they have either moved bands or made progress through the band.

Edited by sooty99

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)