Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Pegs

hi all,

i am trying to make some name/picture cards for the childrens pegs. Does any one have any ideas about about i could use, or some pictures, websites for pictures etc.

much appreciated!

Just type in the picture you want in a google search and then click on the image button at the top.

We make peg cards with the children as it provides a lot of learning experiences for them. They like doing it too and why make yourself work!

Lynda

You could try a theme (eg animals) and then find an animal that starts with each child's name

Amelia - Armadillo

Sarah - Stoat

Ian - Iguana

Thinking of unusual names as well as common ones helps to widen the children's understanding. You could then introduce the topic on habitats, where the animals live, if they are endangered etc.

You could (if you had time!!) change the pictures for every theme as this will

(A) Keep the children interested and act as a point of reference

( B ) Help them to recognise their name, not just the picture!! :o

We photograph the children and put a photo and name on their coat peg and on their milk. It is very popular and almost everyone can manage it. They sign in with just names, so that gives them practice recognising those.

We also use a small photograph next to their names for their coat pegs. This also helps the rest of the children to identify each others peg they can hang things up for their friends which is a great help when tidying up.

They could also draw their own picture.

I usually do them on publisher with a nice border. Using a child friendly font to write their full name and a clipart picture beginning with the first phoneme of their first name. ie: a picture of an astronaut for aaron and so on. I usually print enough of to do labels for other things for them too. The last couple of years I have had enough to send up to year one and their new teacher has used the same label (for continuity). I love the teddies though!

Lovely bear pics, and thanks for the google search tip, I shall try it for Owls, as we start the term with the book Owl Babies.

Peggy

I have always use photo's in the past but decided to use pictures this year.

Sorry, was going to attach them but it was a huge file! Think Steve would shoot me. :o I got most of them from google. :)

I was looking at the lovely bear labels that Lorna posted and as I have already got my coat pegs done

I thought I might print a couple of sets off, laminate them and use them for 'snap' or for sorting activities (asking the children how they could be sorted)

Thanks Lorna - I love this site!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)