Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hedgehogs

Anybody got any good stories with hedgehogs in? Also looking for cute hedgehog pictures in colour in. Why? Well when we go back and open as a foundation unit all key workers have a group related to characters in Percy the Park Keeper. My group is hedgehogs also squirrels, moles, badgers and foxes. Don`t know what the children will think but the staff are rather excited!!! Thought it was a change from colour groups and will probaly add a bit of humour when we start calling for our groups. Thanks.

The company who make the hedgehog food 'Spike's Dinner' have a website that might be useful. Last time I looked I think there were links to the Hedgehog Hospital.

www.spikesite.co.uk

They have a postal address:

Spike's World

1 & 2 Moorland Way,

Lincoln

LN6 7JW

Might be worth writing & seeing if they have any information.

The hedgehogs in my garden love the food! Also there are tokens on the packets that you can save to get some 'Spikey prizes'!

not exactly what U want but may be worth a look for information on hedgehogs etc is secret world

you can even adopt hedgehogs at a very reasonable cost....

this is a local place to us and we are lucky enough for them to come and visit us but we have to wait until a time of year when they are not too busy with the rescue work.

Inge

Anybody got any good stories with hedgehogs in? Also looking for cute hedgehog pictures in colour in. Why? Well when we go back and open as a foundation unit all key workers have a group related to characters in Percy the Park Keeper. My group is hedgehogs also squirrels, moles, badgers and foxes. Don`t know what the children will think but the staff are rather excited!!! Thought it was a change from colour groups and will probaly add a bit of humour when we start calling for our groups. Thanks.

36643[/snapback]

Hi Gwen

Ive used animal names for groups in the past and the children love it.

This post also reminded me of a funny story. The nursery children in our unit had used clay and matchsticks to make model hedgehogs and my reception children were admiring their work, when one little boy asked 'Miss why have the nursery made Easter Hedgehogs?' He had a point it was October! :o

Hi Gwen

There is a series of books by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell in which one of the main characters is a hedgehog, the other being a rabbit. I'm not too sure how many there are altogether but three of them are entitled

A little bit of winter

Rabbit's wish

The birthday presents

They are lovely books. A little bit of winter is about hedgehog hibernating but before he does he asks rabbit to save him a little bit of winter. Well worth a look-our childern really like them.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)