Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Says We Are Good

Thanks Peggy - printed off and ready to read. I really do wonder what other people do when they are trying to source information. There is so much really useful information but it just comes from all over the place and it is often easy to miss things like this unless you put an alert on. So thanks for this - can file it (after I have read it) away straight away in my Ofsted file - now that I have done some, please note, some of my filing. Nikki

Thanks Peggy - printed off and ready to read.  I really do wonder what other people do when they are trying to source information.  There is so much really useful information but it just comes from all over the place and it is often easy to miss things like this unless you put an alert on.  So thanks for this - can file it (after I have read it) away straight away in my Ofsted file - now that I have done some, please note, some of my filing.  Nikki

36658[/snapback]

Thanks

Expecting OFSTED next term ARGH!

I haven't read it yet - its on my 'to do' list - honest!

The Daily Mail have interpreted this report as "33% of nurseries are terrible", and dragging up the 'Nurseries Undercover' programme again - but then you can always rely on the Mail to put as negative a spin as possible on any given issue!

Ofsted have also provided reports on their findings by LEA so that you (or your parents) can look to see how the providers in your area compare to the results for the whole of England.

Makes very interesting reading indeed!

Maz

Just to let you all know that I am doing a summary of each chapter for my providers, so when it is complete, I will share it on here.

Another thought... could the statements that are used i.e. · 'Children are helped to enjoy food' be put onto a spreadsheet under each heading and used as an aid for self-evaluation/observation of staff in preparation for Ofsted inspection? I am willing to have a go, if it is thought that this might be helpful??

I know that Peggy posted the self evaluation forms a while back, (which were fab, by the way!) but wondered if using Ofsted's language to observe against or just use as indicators would prove useful?

Let me know ...

Since reading this document I have thought that I needed to "update" my self assessment format, it would be great if you have time to do it Running Bunny, I am currently re-writing my staff job description to include some of the "jargon" used by Ofsted. Anything to make it easier for the Inspectors to judge us can't be bad. :o

I think we are both very much on the same wave length, I have copied and pasted some of the paragraphs from each of the 5 outcomes to put into my parent prospectus and staff handbooks. :D

I will attach these when finished although I do use publisher and don't kno if everyone will have that programme to read them.

Great minds think alike. xD

I have had a go at summarising Chapter 1: Being Healthy and also transferring the statements into a spreadsheet to form a self evaluation/reflective practice tool.

Ch_1___being_healthy.doc

Being_Healthy.xls

I have put the headings as -

A particular strength of ours

We do this well

This is in place

An area for development

as I think these reflect the Ofsted outcomes of outstanding practice, good, satisfactory and inadequate (although I still think this sounds too harsh :o )

Please feel free to provide constructive advice if you think this is helpful, so that I can crack on and do the others...

Hi,

You have done a lot of work, I like the assessment spreadsheet. The only thing I would add is the adult role.

I have attached what I have put in staff handbooks, in word and publisher formats. They also include basic info on common core skills and knowledge requirements.

The work was originally done in publisher so when it is transfered to word it becomes a picture and therefore it is not possible to change the text/layout etc. However this can be done from the publisher attachment.

Hope that makes sense.

I would find your other assessment forms useful, I like the layout :D

Peggy

unable to attach publisher version-if you would like it PM me and I will email it to you.

5_outcomes___common_Skills.doc

[ My school has just gone into special measures after our recent OFSTED inspection. They came with an agenda, and were not interested in current practice or observation, only assessments and attainment anyone due an inspection under the new format beware !!!!!! :o

Oh, I am sorry to hear that ecorri1, I know how you must be feeling as I experienced similar in 2003 ( but in a preschool).

Ofsted can be so demoralising. :o

Head up high, it's what we do on a daily basis, not what we can prove, that is most important to the children, who I think are the most important "Inspectors" of our schools/preschools.

Hopefully all staff will all rally round and work together toward a common goal of getting out of special measures, GOOD LUCK.

and p.s. thanks for the warning.

Peggy