Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Still Here!

For those of you who still remember me, I am still here and loving motherhood! Sue R - your email made me get off my backside and post (I've been meaning too for weeks!). :D

On 28th May (13 days late!) I gave birth to a baby boy - Thomas. As well as being late - he was a whopper! Weighing 9lb 15oz!!! All natural delivery, bit of gas & air to help, but a very long process (27hrs in total!!). He is such a good baby and is now 11 weeks weighing approx 15lb. He is full of giggles and is such a delight! I can't remember life without him.

Sadly, I am back to work in September. Luckily I am doing a job share, so only working Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday. I have got the best of both worlds I know, but I am still feeling quite gutted to be going back already! Am going to try and carry on feeding him myself, so my lunchtimes are going to be taken up with expressing and lunch duties...the joys! :o

I am going to attempt to attach a photo for you to see how gorgeous he is! I have renewed my subscription and will endeavour to make more effort to log on! Hope to chat with you all soon!

Shelley

xx

He's so cute! Shelley... you had posted the photo, but the post came out twice so it did come out on the other one. Anyway, thanks for posting the photo again here. I can imagine your sadness in having to leave your baby so soon. Thankfully you have this part-time job. Lots of blessings for both of you.

Hello and welcome back!!

So pleased all went well, beautiful pictures of a smashing little chap and sorry to have seemed like I was browbeating you!! :o But I know more than myself had been thinking of you recently :)

Just you concentrate on enjoying every moment, it all goes so quickly - mine are 23 and 25 now, it seems unbelievable!

Sue :D

Shelley, Thomas is gorgeous ( like you need me to tell you :D ).

I can see why you feel reluctant to return to work, he looks like such a bundle of fun :D

On the positive side, it's good to share, whoever looks after him will be able to share with you their individual insights to his personality, and you can share your experiences of him with fellow staff, because a break is as good as a rest ( if you know what I mean).

Is he a "Thomas" or have you already been calling him "Tom"?, just curious.

Peggy

Look - back again already!! :D Thomas is playing with his activity mat...keeps him amused for ages!

Carol - you don't need to apologise, I've been meaning to post for ages, so thank you for spurring me on!

Peggy - we call him Thomas, but I envisage that it will turn to Tom as he gets older - Thomas sounds so cute now though!

Don't understand why it came out so many times - I logged back on today as computer froze last night, so I'm suprised to see any pictures at all!! xD Modern technology..... :o

I know that going back to work is going to be best for both of us and it is my husband (who works shifts) and Thomas' grandparents who will be doing the childcare when I'm at work...so it will be lovely for all of them too! The thought of it though.....aaaaagh!

Ahhhhh he looks lovely. Enjoy him while you can the time goes by sooo quickly. Mine are 18 and 14 and it is as if they were only babies a short while ago.