Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Diaries

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm a Foundation Stage Two teacher and I want to further develop links with school and home as I feel my children would do a lot better with support from home. Does anyone know of a company that sell books/diaries that provide parents with knowledge of the FS and also is a diaries for home reading or reporting to parents or have I thought of something radically new and made my first Million?!

Any help appreciated.

Claire

I am not a teacher but as supervisor of a pre-school have been using home-link diaries for 5 years with great success. I use an exercise book. Each term I put a brief plan of the intended learning and how we plan to do it with suggested activities to do at home. Parents write news in to record activities that their chld has done at home so we can prompt the children if necessary when they sit down their keyworkers.

I found this but one can not have a good close-up look:

http://www.synergy-group.co.uk/parent.html

Homework Diaries

Designed for children, parents and teachers to communicate their thoughts on shared home work activities. The shared activities could be games, puzzles, number practice, learning by heart or information gathering. These diaries can be used for all subjects.

PHD001

Pictorial Homework Diaries,

Pack of 35

Special Offer Price: Were £15.95 Now £7.50

THD002

Text Homework Diaries,

Pack of 35

Special Offer Price: Were £15.95 Now £7.50

I think anything already on the market is going to be too costly like bubblejack we devised our own. we printed off some A4 sheets with the days of the week. We used ours to communicate with parents of special needs children who had a communication disorder. The diary was drawn so the children had a pictorial representation of what they had done. Parents then drew something for us to read out at news time the following day, which the children loved, I also think it made sure children did something other than watch TV.

I will try and attach a copy.

Here is the layout for our home school diary use clip art and photographs to decorate the cover to personalise them for each child. We draw very basic pictures and write a small caption Jimmy cut with scissors, Mary rode a trike. Parents were expected to fill out a section at home. We included a night time as we thought this might help with their sequencing.

It is intended that you print sheets back to back and staple into a four page booklet then cut in half lengthways to make two books.Diary.doc

Thanks SmileyPR is this the sort of thing you are looking for - please feel free to use /adapt we only used it for our special needs children as they were not able to communicate with their parents they also went home in a taxi so we didn't see them. For the rest of the group we write on a white board what we have been up to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)