Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Core Strands From Primary Framework...?..

Now the new eyfs is in place are you ignoring the core strand objectives in literacy and maths.

We are an all age special school and had been required to put core strands on our planning but now wonderif I can ditch and just use dm and elg . What are others doing? Thanks, Catriona

The eyfs framework is statutory for any child, whatever their needs so in my opinion it should be EYFS all the way. The DMs are not statutory but why create a new curriculum when one is there for you which supports develoment from birth!

Cx

Like Catma, we use EYFS by itself - we did spend a while cross-referencing the two documents sometime ago but it really wasn't a very useful exercise.

Similarly we don't use the school's APP system either, but relate all our assessment directly to EYFS.

Thanks I think I will focus more on EYFS itself as you do. With literacy we had to show how all 12 strands were being adressed across a half term before so maybe will leave that bit out for now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)