Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Puppet

Hi,

I want to invest in a teaching puppet and wanted advice wether to go with a animal or a person puppet all advice welcome thanks!

i'd get a boy/girl puppet - earlystart.co.uk has some good ones. muppet mouth i think they're called. good for /circle time etc. and i would get a cute animal hand puppet or two. e.g. squirrel. they are great for phonics/numeracy teaching to bring the learning alive a bit! the children love to play with them afterwards x

Don't know if this would work for you but our schools library service has some puppets. If you have access to somewhere like that you could try a couple of different ones. I inherited a Grandad puppet. He's renowned for having naps at the wrong time so the children have to explain what we've been learning. Once he was a bit worried about a letter from the doctor saying he needed to eat a more balanced diet and he didn't know what that meant so the children designed him some balanced lunch boxes.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)