Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Ideas

Hiya - posted below in totally wrong area so though i'd try again in the right place and see if anyone else could help. Steve did point me in the direction of a very helpful website but would love some more ideas if poss.

Thank you!!

Hello everybody

I'll be beginning my second year of teaching in september in a reception class and the topic will be based around 'ourselves and 'all about me' - common themes at this time of year. Was just wondering if you can help me with some fresh ideas or if any of you could share your planning based on there themes.

Thank you very much in advance.

Emma x x

Hi and welcome, this forum is brill, dont know why i didnt become a member sooner.

look in 'planning' forum, there are lots of ideas from previous discussed members.

good luck

charlotte :):):)

Thanks SmileyPR it is always nice to see different ideas for this topic :D .

We will be doing home visits in September and will be giving each child a little booklet to fill in with parents titled 'all about me'. There is space for the child to draw a picture of themselves, their family and their favourite toy - and we encourage them to bring that on their first day to School.

Hi everyone

I'm also grateful for all the ideas as I am planning on doing 'ourselves' etc in Reception in September. The Norfolk site is brilliant, the planning formats seem to be very logical and easy to follow, might try some of them.

I'm also a newcomer Charlotte, isn't this the most amazing forum!!!?

Thanks SmileyPR, I'm look forward to having a nose through your plans too.

Hope you are all enjoying the lovely sunshine like we've had in Surrey today, I've just survived my son's 8th birthday party and it was a huge success, so going to have a nice sit down and a drink!!!!! (that's it for another year - yipee!!)

Kellsa

Thanks Smiley PR - you are fab. Haven't had chance to look at the planning yet but really appreciate you sharing your work.

Emma x :) x

I wanted to clarify that I had written SS for Stepping Stones and ELG for... well, you know... ha-ha. I had to do so because I had children who were still 3 years old (almost 4) and others who were already 5 years old. Y= Younger, O= Older. Wg= whole group, sg=small group vsg=very small group. I am alone with my group of children (last year 14, this next year 16).

Lots of the activities I took from Nursery Education magazine and I adapted them to our own reality. The sing-along in the Family them is one about grandparents.

We don't give the Physical Education/Gym lessons ourselves. We have a Gym teacher for all the school (EY to Secondary). Reception has P.E. once a week with him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)