Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Intelligence Test

Rea

So much for the intelligence test, I forgot to post it xD:o

Intelligence test

How many animals did Moses take onto the Ark?

Some months have 31 days, some have 30, how many have 28?

Divide 30 by ½ and add 10

If a doctor gave you 3 tablets and told you to take one an hour how long would they last?

How many sides are there in a circle?

How far can a dog run into the woods?

Which country has 4th of July - UK, France or the USA?

A man builds a rectangular house with each side having a southern exposure, a bear walks by, what colour is it?

If you were alone in a deserted house at night and there was a candle a lamp a fire and only one match, which would you light first?

How many birthdays does the average man have?

Why cant a man living in York be buried west of the Trent?

If you have 32 coins totalling 11pence and one of the coins is not a 10pence what are the two coins?

How much soil to the nearest cubic inch is there in a 2”x2”x4” hole?

If 2 monkeys sit in the corner of a room and look at another pair of monkeys in the next corner and so on until every pair in a corner are looking at another pair, how many monkeys could say they were looking at other monkeys?

Is it legal for man to marry his widows sister?

If you drove a bus leaving Waterloo with 40 passengers, dropped off 7 and picked up 2 at Aldwych, stopped at Holborn and picked up 10, went onto St Pauls, dropped 8 there and then drove onto arrive at Liverpool Street 6 minutes later, what would the drivers name be?

Rea

Thanks for the test, although after reading your first post I thought all my intelligence ( or what was left of it) had deserted me and there was a trick in the writing that I could not see.

But after the second post I was glad to see I still have a few marbles left, even if I got the answers wrong - by the way how do I get the answers?

Karen

I found this in my sons bedroom.

36117[/snapback]

As the mum of a teenage boy, my heart sank when I read your opening sentence. Glad it had a happy ending though!

Maz

These are the answers I've got

Appologies for the typo on the 12th one it should read 2 coins not 32

Intelligence test

Write your name in the square provided  This is a rectangle (oblong)

How many animals did Moses take onto the Ark? None, it was Noah

Some months have 31 days, some have 30, how many have 28? All of them have 28

Divide 30 by ½ and add 10 30 ¸ ½ = 60 +10 =70

If a doctor gave you 3 tablets and told you to take one an hour how long would they last? 2 hours

How many sides are there in a circle? None

How far can a dog run into the woods? Half way, then he’s running out

Which country has 4th of July - UK, France or the USA? All of them

A man builds a rectangular house with each side having a southern exposure, a bear walks by, what colour is it? South Pole so There wouldn’t be any bears

If you were alone in a deserted house at night and there was a candle a lamp a fire and only one match, which would you light first? The match

How many birthdays does the average man have? One

Why cant a man living in York be buried west of the Trent? He’s alive

If you have 2 coins totalling 11pence and one of the coins is not a 10pence what are the two coins? 10p and 1p

How much soil to the nearest cubic inch is there in a 2”x2”x4” hole? None, it’s a hole

If 2 monkeys sit in the corner of a room and look at another pair of monkeys in the next corner and so on until every pair in a corner are looking at another pair, how many monkeys could say they were looking at other monkeys? None of them can speak

Is it legal for man to marry his widows sister? He’s dead

If you drove a bus leaving Waterloo with 40 passengers, dropped off 7 and picked up 2 at Aldwych, stopped at Holborn and picked up 10, went onto St Pauls, dropped 8 there and then drove onto arrive at Liverpool Street 6 minutes later, what would the drivers name be? Well in my case…Rea

A man builds a rectangular house with each side having a southern exposure, a bear walks by, what colour is it?      South Pole so There wouldn’t be any bears

36131[/snapback]

Can I throw a spanner in this one...?

Surely if a house has a southern exposure, it means that it is 'facing down' or 'on top of something'?

This means then, that the house is built at the North Pole and the answer to the question would be 'white' as the bear would be a Polar Bear?

Please feel free to challenge my geographical knowledge on this...

Must confess that I had seen something similar before. However, the monkeys stumped me (yes, I know now that monkeys cannot speak!) and I couldn't get my head round the widow's sister one... never mind - I'll send it on to my parents to see how they get on!

Thanks for posting it - it was a good start to the week!

:o