Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Panicking About The New Eyfs And Our Setting

We are a term time only preschool, and we've not even spoken about the new eyfs :S

And all we have been told is to read through the new eyfs documents..

slightly worried, nobody seems interested or even bothered with the change :(:(

I've only picked up bits and pieces to be honest but I dont think,operationally, there is much to worry about.

I'd look through the statutory stuff first and check against what you're doing now, I think some policies will need re-wording and one or two new ones might be necessary.

The 6 areas have been re-jigged with some aspects removed and others combined but as I say, I havent read the new stuff properly. Have you got an LA advisor who you could chat to?

If you have any specific concerns try a forum search incase its something others have questioned, or ask your own questions, I'm sure you'll get loads of help. :1b

• Like 1

Jigsaw, i totally understand what you mean. I was very excited and see it as a fresh start to the new term, but i seem to be the only one really interested in my setting. I have been spending ages on here, gathering lots and lots of info so we can have a major overhaul on everything from learning journal to planning to the set up of the hall, i am even willing to do all the work, but still no one seems that motivated :huh: . When i mentioned to my manager i was going to do my foundation degree, she felt it was unnecessary for our setting but i thought it would help move us forward :(

Finallly someone in my position!! lol! i thought i was the only one as everyone on here seems as though they're in brilliant settings,

But yeah everything you've said is how i feel..

and yeah been on here, taking notes and researching everything and i'll get back to work and no one else including the manager will have a clue :(

My manager has beeen on a course about the new eyfs though has not cascaded the information down to us :(

yeah i have also done all 5 of the free courses, but once again i am the only one to show willing ! i wouldnt mind, but i dont really know what i am doing with all this planning/obs etc, i just keep coming on here every day, trying to get my head round it............but i am now sooooooo stressed with it all.

Hi,

To be fair, I don't think there are many changes to practice that are going to be necessary to be ready for September.

You may feel a need to tweak Operational Plans here and there, but again, I don't think there is really much 'sea-change'. It's more a surface smoothing to make it look less like a 'Nappy Curriculum' I think - although I believe they will never shake the label - the Media being so fond of sensationalism!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)