Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E207 Ou

Hi!

I was mentor for a colleague who has recently cpmpleted E207, having already got my degree via the OU. She is a KS2 TA so obviously based most of her course work around that.

I got the feeling she found it more difficult than she had expected, but it did make her evaluate her role and the way we do things in schools. She found some bits quite hard as 1 section was based around science which she identified as her weaker area, and in which she doesn't usually have any involvement in school. As he rmentor we spent more time chatting over Facebook and email than in person due to time scales for her TMAs and limited break times together in school. She seemed to find the course useful but didn't get as higher grade as she had hoped.

Not sure if this helps you at all!!

Madmum

Thanks for your reply. I'm in such a quandry, i'm leaning towards studying this module but waiting til next year to do it and concentrate on e105 which also starts in october. I wish the degree was made up only of compulsary modules then i wouldn't have this problem!

Ali

I chose stuff that interested me and was aiming at an Open BA Hons, but found that once I'd achieved an open degree I could make it up to a BA Hons CHildhood and Youth Studies with 1 compulsory module, which as it turned out was the hardest one I did(EK310!).

My colleague has, up to now, gone for modules with no exams at the end! If you can choose from a few, i would always go with stuff which you will enjoy (!!) doing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)