Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Visits

Hi there

This year I will be doing home visits, ( first time ever!) and i was wondering if anyone had any formats that they use in terms of parent interview / booklets and questions etc. I dont want to be firing questions at the parents so if anyone has any ideas for an activity i could leave with parent and child, could they let me know.

thanks

charlotte :):):)

Hi Charlotte -

Don't know if this would be any help to you? It's an 'All about me' introduction booklet that you could think about adapting, although more for pre-school than reception. Anyway, you can find it here. :)

Welcome to the Forum by the way!

We usually have the completed All about me books before we go on home visits, which we read in advance. We then use this info as a starting point to find out more about the child and the parents' expectations, concerns etc. My TA takes a variety of games and activities to share with the child (jigsaws, paper and crayons, books etc) while I talk to the parents. (We always do home visits in pairs).

We don't leave an activity with the family as they will already have borrowed one at the school induction club - I'm in Reception, by the way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)