Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Redundancies And Closure

Hi All,

Jut after some advice please, last week I dismissed my manger at my one setting for hindering an investigation into facebook comments etc (told the girls to lie to me), we went back into place ( I manage my other setting) and found paperwork etc to be all out of sorts, so we were geting everything back into place as she was useless and low and behold on Thursday Ofsted turn up for inspection. All was going well and then she found a medicine form completed by the 'manager' with no date or child's name! I was heartbroken, made us an instant inadequate! The children have dried up in the area and LEA agree with me for this. I know feel that I have no choice but to close the setting before the report is publshed to save the reputation of the whole company and make some redunancies, I'm hoping t job share people at the other setting.

Anybody been through anything else similar?

Thanks, I pay extortinate amounts to HR company for advice, so I'll get my monies worth out of them. I think I'm looking for more pratical advice and someone to tell me it will all be ok in the end! :unsure: Trying not to get too worried about it all, but I've never been so scared in my life!

If you can prove to Ofsted that you knew nothing about this, and the fact that the Manager has already gone is working in your favour, they should be fine with it - you need to show you have rigorous procedures in place to make sure any future staff are adequately trained, inducted and supervised , and as for staff being made redundant you have to have a fair and valid process which I assume your HR company will deal with.The children who are still in the setting will need as much notice as possible to enable parenst to find new places for them, not as easy over the summer when term-time only settings are closed. Do you have money set aside for redundancy payments ?

As for the initial issue - a Social Media policy will enable you to 'police' usage of things like Facebook, and give staff guidance , is good to run alongside your mobile phone and other staff policies. Good Luck.

We have a social networking policy, the girls had all signed it 3 weeks before the incident. We found out a day or so before ofsted arrived that things weren't as they should be, and I said that I hoped it wouldn't effect the inspection, but obviously did!!