Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ppa Time ?

its officially Planning, Preparation and Assessment time, and it's roughly 10% of your teaching time - so for most teachers its one morning or one afternoon a week. And I use it for as many things as I can fit into that time slot - filing, updating profiles, very rarely I actually use it for planning (but then mine is currently on a tuesday morning which isn't great for knowing what I want to do the following week) Some schools employ a teacher to cover ppa time, others use teaching assistants (which is very naughty I think). I'm lucky that I have the same teacher cover every week so she knows the children/routines etc.

Our school uses a qualified HLTA (higher level teacher assistant) to cover PPA time for nursery reception and years one and two. A teacher covers for years 3 to 6.

I have this PPA time to keep on top of paperwork and I am covered by a level 3 nursery nurse because I usually take this time in a morning (maintained nursery) when I am only needed to be a level 3.

In the afternoon I am an EYP of the wraparound nursery provision!!

Because I have to do all the nursery funding and paperwork as well as profiles and learning journeys and admissions stuff I do find it useful to get some time, sometimes!!!

Fimbo i'm so glad you asked this question...i have known what teachers do in their PPA time...i talk about it with them but i have never asked what it actually stood for! I often find myself put at a disadvantage by people using acronyms for things...it's a pet hate of mine especially when they do it in front of parents in meetings (special needs ones usually!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)