Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation! Ba Education And Curriculum Studies

Hi everyone i am abt to start my final year at uni to complete my dissertation and final module, i never planned on doing my dissertation and planned on doing my EYP (my setting closed so cant do it).

my past is in early years and i have recently been working in a primary school as a one to one, i am after a topic for my dissertation to get me started over the holidays, to be prepared for sept......................

please help!!!!

What are you interested in, lulu? The best advice I was given was to choose something I really cared about and wanted to know more about. Doing a dissertation can be hard work, and unless you're motivated to find the answer to your research question it can be difficult to keep on track.

I had a clear idea what I wanted to do, but if I was doing one now I think I'd make a shortlist, and then do a quick literature search to see what existing research is out there because if there is little or no literature for you to review it will be more difficult.

What are the hot topics at the moment? What issues do you face in your work that might form the basis of a really useful dissertation?

If it helps to know what other subjects people chose, I've done two:-

• to what extend does children's gender stereotyping of the colours pink and blue affect their participation in creative (craft) activities and
  • are worksheets a suitable teaching resource for pre-school children?

Good luck - I loved doing research and I hope you will too! :1b

I haven't done my BA research modules (yet!!!) but did do a research project for my foundation .

I am very interested in parent partnership and people's ideas and attitudes about it so I based my work on a question which escapes me now but was to do with how attitudes differed between parents, FS staff and KS1 staff.

It was very interesting but in fact i collected TOO much data for the size of the project!!!

HappyMaz is right you need to think about what you would like to know more about!

Good luck x

aww thanks theses are all really helpfull i have listed some ideas down,

Dissertation ideas

Transition from foundation stage to key stage 1

Children developing with risky play and being adventurous

What happen to EYPS?

OFSTED; grading nursery schools within the whole school

the boy i work one to one with (my current teacher suggest as i have worked with him for over 2.5 years from daycare to school and i could look at how he is under developed from being held back from his parents )

all these dissertations sound so interesting I want to read them all ;) I did the importance of spontaneous physical play provision for boys loved every minute of research and although I have my degree now will miss the research side (not the extra work though lol) Max321 that sounds just the sort of thing I would have looked into bet it was fascinating!!

• 1 month later...

i have chosen to do

Supporting and developing a pupil with global developmental delay to increase his learning and the learning of others.

well that is my title i have yet to find any aims or objectives but i have made a start on my intro xx

Mine was about Risky play and how it develops children's resilience.

can u please email me on

want to ask u a question

Lulu, I have removed your email address for security and we can get Narnia to pm you, it is safer

Sue - Admin Team

Guest rainyjaney

sorry you tutor has said" no". Am also about to start my dissertation, supposed to have a proposal written by the end of October but still wavering on the title. Will be interested to hear what you decide on eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all im new to this but i am currently doing my BA Hons in early years care and education and the dissertation is drowning me !! im doing about " Does the outdoor learning environment have an impact on the holistic development of the pre school child" I chose this due to my love for outdoor learning and now im strugling for reasearch !!! if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it

thank you

Hi Dawnevs

As a newbie to the forum you may not have spotted our articles (on the home page see 'Articles' listed in the blue navigation bar on the left hand side) so I picked out a few that might give food for thought. They often have a bibliography at the bottom so that can give a good source for future reading.

Anyway here goes and hope they help;

Nature Deficit Disorder

Taking a Risk? The value of risk and challenge in the early years

The Multi-sensory Approach

Which Came First, the Forest or the School?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)