Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Someone Help Me With C10 Ke Questions Please?

Hi, I just subscribed and could do with some help. I just can't get my head around these questions:

KE8 How do children respond with their senses (consider the age ranges 0-2, 3-5, and 5-7 yrs)?

KE11 How do children learn/aquire mathematical and scientific concepts, and how does this change over time?

I can do the first part, but not the second

KE15 Explain why some children find it difficult to participate in imaginative and create activities.

a ) do they mean creative, and b ) all I can think of is things like autism

KE27 Explain how important the process (the doing) and the end product are to the children when they are being creative.

I work in a High/Scope setting, and understand the "doing" part of the question, but not the end product part.

:o thank you for your help, my brain seems to have died at the moment!

Edited by Guest

Hi Rachel and welcome to the Forum! :D

C10 was the only mandatory unit for which we haven't got a guidance article - however...

Good timing is our watchword and I should be posting a guidance article, courtesy of Sue R later today, so hopefully that will help make things clearer for you. I'm sure others will be along here to offer some advice as well, so hopefully we can sort you out! :)

The High Scope setting sounds interesting by the way. I'd like to hear more about your experiences whenever you have time!

Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum.

KE15 creative and imaginative activities-one of the reasons could be that they have no previous experiences. Children need some sort of a role model, either other children or an adult to be able to use their imagination in play. The reason for no previous experience could be because of the age and stage they are at or no input at home or elsewhere.

Linda

There you are see - I knew someone would pop in soon! :D

Just to let you know I made it my first job of the day and the C10 guidance article is up and ready for your reading. You can find it here.

Hope it helps, and good luck with it! :)

Welcome Rachel,

enjoy the article and don't stress too much, you have only just begun to meet the lovely helpful people on this forum, good luck with your NVQ but don't forget to relax and enjoy the summer. :D

Peggy

thank you all so much! You are all so helpful, and it's good to know there are people out there who are willing to help. Thanks :D

Still struggling a little with question 8, i don't really understand what the question is asking me to do. How do they respond to what? :o

High/Scope... I'm still learning, so correct me if I go wrong. I start a training course on it in the new term, but basically as i understaand it you plan around children's interests, there is a strong emphasis on giving choices and routine, and the process is of alot more importance than the end product, as children learn more in the doing than in creating carbon copies of the adult's work.

I think i got that right! :o

oh, just when it was all going so well, i got stuck on this question

"List a variety of appropriate experiences that will encourage children’s sensory development, attention, and memory. Indicate their potential value and explain how you could provide these experiences. " :o and I was getting along so well!

PS. the article is very useful for the PCs, but I don't find it so helpful for the KE (KUS) questions.

Rachel,

I take it you mean no.16 in the KUS?

All they are asking for is an assortment of activities/experiences that will promote these three areas (across the age range), why they will do so and how you would go about doing them with children in your charge. A reflective account, witness statement or diary evidence with extra notes as appropriate would be fine, in my view. As a point, here, you are not being asked for 'a list', they ask for 'a variety', so a few choice examples will be OK.

As another point (one everyone that knows me will know is coming ! :o ), please don't think of these as questions, they are statements that you are asked to show you match. You will only confuse yourself if you view them as questions. Sorry! I just have to keep on saying it! It's that important!!

Any help?

Sue :D

Well, they are kind of interchangeable, but really 'experiences' is everything the children 'experience' where activities are specifically provided or planned for. - get my drift?

I think I may have been editing my post when you posted your last, just in case you're confused.

Sue :D

Thanks Sue, I'm getting there now, i just have KE 1, 8, 16, 28, and 32 to do now!

Edited by Guest

no, not quite- i went to bed at 1.15 and got up again at 4.30 :o

Just need to do PC 10.4 and 10.3.3 now!

Edited by Guest

Gold star for dedication Rachel. :D:D

Steve, maybe we should have a sleepy smiley for all the nights we stay up working or studying. :o

Peggy

HI I'VE JUST FINISHED C10 AND A FEW OF MY QUESTIONS WERE SIMILAR TO YOURS.

KE27 SOMETIMES THE PROCESS DOESN'T GO TO PLAN BUT DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS THE CHILDREN ARE ENJOYING IT. ALSO THE END PRODUCT DOESN'T MATTER TOO MUCH AS LONG AS IT IS THE CHILD'S OWN WORK.

KE15 REASONS WHY CHILDREN FIND IT DIFFICULT TO PARTICIPATE: LACK OF EQUIPMENT, LACK OF CONFIDENCE, PREFER OTHER ACTIVITIES MORE, HAVE A DISABILITY PREVENTING THEM FROM JOINING IN.

KE8 VERY YOUNG CHILDREN AND BABIES USE THEIR SENSES TO LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND THEM, E.G. BABIES PUTTING THINGS IN THEIR MOUTHS.

THIS ONE MIGHT BE EASIER TO DO AS A CHART. AGES DOWN ONE SIDE AND DIFFERENT SENSES ALONG THE TOP.

HOPE I'VE BEEN HELPFUL TO YOU AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NVQ!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me out- I've now handed it in for checking. I've got a few bits on C2 to do before it is signed off, then I start on C15.

THANK YOU ALL! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)