Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1-1

Hi i work in a setting with a child that has 1-1 but this child is a college child. I feel this is a conflict of intrest and that the child has separation anxicity and wondered if anyone got any advice as the child wants "mummy" all the time.

Thank you

Hi Sadie19.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're asking. The child receives 1:1 support and has separation anxiety? How old is the child? If they are a similar age, I have an example that we have used just this week which has been very successful.

Hi really sorry spelling not the best i mean the child is a staff member child so that is what causes the conflict of intrest and with him having 1-1. the other staff are 1-1 workers but it just not like working with a child that parent are not present.

Okay now I think I understand. Is the parent in the same room as the child, if yes where is the anxiety placed. Is it when the parent/staff member leaves the room. Does the child have 1.1 support for their whole time with you. Trying to get a picture, so sorry for all the questions.

Hiya yeh the parent is in the same room as the child and yes the child always want his mum its a conflict of intrest as we find it hard to speak to the parent/staff member to discuss the childs needs. the child has seperation anxity aswell. x x x