Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Courses In Speech And Language Therapy

Hello

Is there anyone who can advise me about courses for speech and language therapy?

I am a qualified teacher, working in a nursery unit. I am very interested in speech and language development in the early years and would like to do a 'distance learning' course in speech and language therapy. I am too old to retrain as a SaLT but would like to do a course which would give me a much deeper understanding of speech and language difficulties in the early years. This would of course help me in my work, but also satisfy my yearning to know more (I would not attempt to assess children, advise parents or take over the role of the SaLT!). I have done Elklan training and the nursery unit is part of the ECaT project. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?

Are you the somerset end of devon because if you are I've just started (yesterday) some excellent training in SLT with an independent therapist who offers specific speech and communication training in the early years. I'm not sure if she trains in your devon but you might be able to get a group of practitioners together to cover the cost of travel. Her name is Gemma Kayum and her website is www.talkout.co.uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)