Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees Policy

Does anyone have a fees policy i could take a look at please, i would be very gratefull for any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Star

ASAP please Peggy i am trying to get all my paperwork finished so i can relax during the holidays. Please don't go to any special trouble. Thanks Star

Hi Star -

I know Helen doesn't have a dedicated fees policy, but a paragraph in her Parents and Carers information pack stating the current amounts and when they are payable. She then asks the parents to sign acceptance of the parents and carers information pack in her Enrollment Form. Don't know if that helps?

Actually, I think that should help loads - in my experience parents/carers often backpedal on basic stuff - to get that confirmation so early is a really good move.

That's what our DN does - but.........we still get bad payers!

Sue :o

Well I don't have a Fee Policy (yet!!!) but thought I'd just tell you what is written in our Parent Handbook under the heading Fees & Funding:

"Our session fee is currently £.....

This is applicable for those children not yet in receipt of the Nursery Education Grant. Fees can be paid weekly/half termly/or termly, in advance - whichever is the most convenient for you. Fees continue to be payable if a child is absent for any reason (as our running costs remain the same.) In cases of prolonged absence e.g through illness, parents should consult the Pre-school Leader. It is our intention to make our Pre-school genuinely accessible to all children, and a more flexible payment plan may be negotiated with the Pre-school Leader.

The Nursery Education Grant is payable for your child from the term following their third birthday. They will become entitled to 5 fully funded sessions per week and the grant is papyable for 11 weeks per term. There is no extra charge for any term that exceeds 11 weeks."

And the bit that goes on the end of our invoice (courtesy of Peggy!) is:

"Please note that fees remain due in the event of your child's absence, however, exceptional circumstances can be discussed in confidence. One months notice is required, or payment in lieu of notice, should you take your child off the register"

I think the above could be turned into a policy quite easily - might well go and do another one then!!!!

janice :o

Hi Janice

I was just thinking about the importance of offering families different ways to pay, when I read your post!

I was also wondering if any of your groups accept Nursery Vouchers?

Maz

Hi there - yes we do accept the Nursery vouchers -they're from a company called Accor (very easy/very straightforward/very efficient) - ought to put a paragraph in for them then! Also have now got one parent paying through Care4 - haven't actually checked to see if it's gone into the bank but I've not heard a dickie bird from them yet! (although they have sent me a pin number) Might help if I read the blurb! :o

I have successfully got 90% of my parents paying their fees by standing order, they have the flexibility to pay weekly, monthly or half termly. A standing order form is issued each term with their invoice ( I fill in the details and all they have to do is sign it and hand into their bank).

I offered a free session for parents to use this system which helped with the change from cheque or cash payments. The main reason for this change was because of the extortionate bank charges I get as a private business for banking cheques & cash ( and the actual time to go to the bank). It also helps parents to budget as they know how much and when the money is coming out of their accounts. I can also check easily through internet banking.

Peggy

p.s. I use a standing order form I produced myself, which all banks accepted, the parents don't have to use the forms that individual banks produce.

Just thought some of you may be interested...

If any of you experience problems with non-paying parents, you may wish to check out Parenta's Fee Planner service (www.feeplanner.co.uk)

This service allows for fees to be collected by Direct Debit so it guarantees payment on a set date. Fee Planner writes to parents to inform them how much will be collected and if payment is missed, Fee Planner do all the chasing for you, avoiding any awkward conversations.

The down side is that there is a charge per collection and administrative charges for chasing any debts, so it is not the cheapest way to do things but could save you time and money in the long run.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)