Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Section 3 & 4 - What Is The Difference?

Hello - I am a new poster and have searched the forum thoroughly - I can see that lots of people find/have found Sections 3 and 4 repetitive but I have gone round and round in circles and have completely ground to a halt.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 2 sections is meant to be? Is it a case of Section 3 being about WHAT you do, and Section 4 (outcomes) being about EVIDENCE as shown by the children's behaviour/reactions etc ?

thank you!!

Hi Ballerina and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I cant answer your question as I dont have the Sef to hand, but yes, most questions are verrry repetitive I find. Must admit I dont worry tooo much about my answers cos Ofsted didnt seem to take that much notice of it on our last inspection! I tend to do 'best fit' and.....be repetitive too!!!

Hope someone will be along soon with a more profound response! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi i am new too. I cant help as I dont have my SEF to hand, however when Ofsted came they had looked at my SEF and said they were impressed! All I can suggust is to write everything about your setting, they know nothing about it and its your job to sell it too them. The more you can tell them about your good practice the better the picture they get before coming. We did well and retained our outstanding. It is very very repetative but dont worry just repeat it or cross reference it like we do. hope it helps a bit.:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)