Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mc1/c1 & Mc1/c4

Help, I am trying to finish my level 3 by December rather than next September. I have done ok so far but now I have come to these optional units which I need to finish by September and am tearing my hair out. I cannot find any info about these anywhere and its not any specific questions it's the whole thing! Is anyone else out there in the same boat?To make matters worse, my manager of 2 years (who was also once an assessor) is going to Singapore for a couple of years. The new manager has never run a nursery before and is not familiar with NVQ. Please help meeeee!

Hi Bilkis,

Don't despair help is here, but unfortunatley not from me as I do not know these units. What are their titles/subjects?

Peggy

Hi,

I have had a bit of time to think about this. These two units are relatively new to this NVQ, I haven't actually assessed either, so all I can offer are gut feelings!! :o

MCI/C1 is about You. It's essentially a unit to assist your own development as a reflective practitioner, identifying strengths, and areas for development as well as understanding elements such as inbuilt and/or external support opportunities. The second element is all about time management - when you've sussed it, let me know please!! This unit does seem to require that you are, or have been working at a 'team leader' type level for a while, to be able to evidence some of the pcs.

MCI/C4 is all about creating effective working relationships, such as ensuring you are trusted by your line manager, team-building and conflict resolution. Again, it seems to require a lead role within the team at your level.

I seriously doubt that you can hurry these units too much, unless you have been working at a fairly senior level for a significant period of time, to give you sufficient experience to draw on, either with witness, diary or reflective account evidence. However, I stand to be corrected by anyone, as I am always keen to learn!!!!!

Sue :D

Hi Bilkis -

Are you committed to these two optional units yet? Sounds from what Sue said that they are all about evidence of professional development, which if you don't already have the right experience of you're unlikely to be able to push it along faster...

Hi Sue and Steve,

Thanks for trying to help. I have been in a deputy manager role for about 6 months but only 9 months into my NVQ3 so it is still a learning process for me which is why I'm probably finding it hard. I chose these optional units as I don't work with babies. I have gone on to my third optional M8 which is a lot easier and will tackle the other two when I am in a better frame of mind. I feel so much better talking to all you guys at the forum, it really gives me incentive to carry on (I so nearly came to giving it all up last week). Thanks again.

Please don't give up, come here instead!

You can always try to catch me on msn - I still can't get into the chatroom so can't arrange to meet there! Or pm me, whatever, you'll get there, it may just take a bit longer than you hoped. You say you don't work with babies - are you in a DN. If you are, the baby unit would be good for your general development, can't you arrange some time in there while you do it?

And what about M2 or M6?

Hi Bilkis, paddywack here I have just completed my nvq3 and Iam just waiting to hear if I have passed. I did the 2 optional units you have mentioned and also found them quite tough I hvent got my portfolio with me at the mo but can have a look when I get it back. I collected lots of witness testimonies for mc1/c4 and my assesor set some questions and assignments ,for mc1/c1 I wrote quite a few reflectives on how I work within my team and setting, how I have mamaged my nvq around homelife,what my objectives were and how I went about them, I cant remember quite what else I did but will check for you, hope some of this might help. :o

Hi Paddywack!

I'd be very interested in getting an idea, too, if you wouldn't mind - for my professional development :o I've always been disappointed I haven't had anyone do either of them.

Hi Bilkis, paddywack here I have just completed my nvq3 and Iam just waiting to hear if I have passed. I did the 2 optional units you have mentioned and also found them quite tough I hvent got my portfolio with me at the mo but can have a look when I get it back. I collected lots of witness testimonies for mc1/c4 and my assesor set some questions and assignments ,for mc1/c1 I wrote quite a few reflectives on how I work within my team and setting, how I have mamaged my nvq around homelife,what my objectives were and how I went about them, I cant remember quite what else I did but will check for you, hope some of this might help. :o

35897[/snapback]

35953[/snapback]

Hi Paddywack/Sue

Don't know what happened to my replies. Computer won't let me send so will try again. Glad to hear I'm not the only one finding it tough. I would like to hear more when you get your portfolio back. I've put off looking at these units for the time being as I was getting too stressed. I hoping to meet with my assessor soon so will have a chat to her about it. I think it is the tasks that I am finding daunting at the moment.

And Sue, I work in a pre-school nursery with children starting at the age of 2. I feel I have done ok so far and feel like a failure if I don't stick to these units which I feel I should do if I am in a deputy manager role. I have found out that it may be a possibility to use my neighbour's baby to do the baby units. I'll decide when I have spoken with my assessor.

Thanks to you both. I feel a bit happier (for the time being anyway)

Hi Paddywack/Sue

Don't know what happened to my replies.  Computer won't let me send so will try again.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one finding it tough.  I would like to hear more when you get your portfolio back.  I've put off looking at these units for the time being as I was getting too stressed.  I hoping to meet with my assessor soon so will have a chat to her about it.  I think it is the tasks that I am finding daunting at the moment.

And Sue, I work in a pre-school nursery with children starting at the age of 2.  I feel I have done ok so far and feel like a failure if I don't stick to these units which I feel I should do if I am in a deputy manager role.  I have found out that it may be a possibility to use my neighbour's baby to do the baby units.  I'll decide when I have spoken with my assessor. 

Thanks to you both.  I feel a bit happier (for the time being anyway)

35954[/snapback]

I will get back to you both when I have my portfolio back and bilkis dont feel alone or get down I did before I foond this site and everyone is so helpful and they explain things in a way that is more understandable than some of the nvq I found the wording of some modules quite alien at times ,I just hope it is all worth it which Iam sure it will be if you need anymore help just ask I will try my best .paddywack xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)