Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Have You Got A Teenager

Hi all

A friend sent me this and as mine are not teenagers yet thought I'd share it with those of you who might have one :D

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. It was addressed, "Dad." With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I've been finding real passion with Joan and she is so nice, even with all her piercing, tattoos, and her tight Motorcycle clothes. But it's not only the passion dad, she's pregnant and Joan said that we will be very happy. Even though you don't care for her as she is so much older than I, she already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. She wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too.

Joan taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with her friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Joan can get better; she sure deserves it!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Your son,

John

PS: Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbour's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home.

Hope it made you smile :o:DxD

Sue x

Nice one :D

I think dad should be proud his son could spell a long word like "marijuana". xD

I recently had 16 yr old work experience girls in the group and they couldn't even spell their adresses??? :o

Peggy

Nice one  :D

I think dad should be proud his son could spell a long word like "marijuana". xD

I recently had 16 yr old work experience girls in the group and they couldn't even spell their adresses??? :o

Peggy

35488[/snapback]

Oh Peggy I did laugh... I hope that was a typo - adresses!!

Quite relate to the teens thing - we had 2 as well. We were moving premises and they helped us pack up - one sheet of paper at a time. In the end I took down the display boards and asked them to remove all the staples - mean eh? LOL

Also when we were unpacking, the spelling on the boxes was UNBELIEVABLE! Craft = crarft, Kitchen = kitchin. OMG!

Yes that made me laugh - having two teenage boys and an 11 year old very hormonal girl I recognise everything that has been said and the kids often remind me of some of the awful other things that children do and really they are not too bad I suppose. To date we have had a broken fence, a broken window, the removal of the balls from the mice (computer mouse) in the computer suite rendering the suite useless and a bill for yours truly - and that was just my daughter!!! So I can really empathise with everyone who has teenagers, they are hard work and can be good fun - daft - most of the time - give me 3-5 year olds any day!!!

Nikki

Sue that puts it in perspective and most teenagers aren't so back. Last week I had a nasty shock because I heard that our last 15 year old Trident girl is pregnant. When she was with us last month she was so emotional at least I know the reason why now. I am glad that we all found the time to be so patient with her she must have been so worried.

That was timely! As I type my son's friend (15) is asleep in my other son's bed, after drinking apparently 14 cans of cider and lager!!! xD

I've had to go and pick 3 of them up after a party, the one in bed couldnt stand and after vomiting collapsed on my drive muttering that he wanted to sleep on the concrete. There was no answer at his house when I phoned so looks like we have a guest. His clothes are now in the tumble dryer and I'm on night duty to check on him. Boy is he going to wonder where he is when he wakes up...son's bedroom is painted almost completly black and chances are the cat will use him as a pillow. They will learn the hard way wont they? :o

There was no answer at his house when I phoned so looks like we have a guest.  :o

35788[/snapback]

Goodness Rea: I wonder when the parents will realise their son hasn't come home, and will they panic? Were you able to leave a message to say where he was?

How lucky they are that you were there to literally pick up the pieces.

Good luck tonight!

Maz

All's fine now, I did have to follow him downstairs at around 2am, he wanted a drink and was going out of the front door to get it! Rather sheepishly said hello when I went in to them this morning. I've given him the phone to call his mom but he doesnt seem bothered, too busy playing X Box. I've often thought that the 'Bounty bag' you're given in hospital when you give birth should contain a big stick, that thought hasnt changed! Could be worse though, it could have been my son being picked up drunk :o

Rea

I'd be mortified if my son had been picked up drunk and disorderly and had to spend the night at a friend's house because no-one could raise an answer at our house in the middle of the night!

My son (13 today) is reading this over my shoulder, so he knows what to expect...

Haven't the parents called you to find out how he is?

Maz