Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Had Two Ofsted Inspections Since The Intro Of The Eyfs?

Hi,

I'm just interested to find out of anyone has had a second ofsted inspection since Sept 2008 (intro of the EYFS). We were inspected in Nov 2008 so are feeling that we are due another anytime now....to be honest I just want it to happen so I can relax again.... although i'm starting to wonder whether we will be inspected this side of the Summer hols???/

Hi Daisydoo.. we are in exactly the same position as you, just so you know you are not alone.. it has been over 4 years now and we are overdue, but i have also been wondering if maybe the inspectors will now wait until after the new EYFS is in action?? So nervous to be honest, even though i know we will be fine.

We had Ofsted Summer 09 so could possibly have another one anytime soon, however there are some settings in our area that havent even had Ofsted visit since the EYFS change in 2008!

Just trying to prepare myself to be ready when ever they call!

Debster

Hi

I'm in the same boat- Inspected June 09 and was told (cant remember by whom though!) that all settings had to be inspected against the EYFS 2008 within 3 years. I thought that that was rather unfair-given we were graded as O/s which used to be 3-4 years! Just waiting for the visit!!!! Still trying to get SEF finished only 4 more sections to go but I think I'll commit hary cary soooooon!! it's so repetitive dont you think?

Wish a magic fairy would appear and do the damn thing from me. :o