Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jubilee Week

hi guys,

I am thinking of doing a Jubilee week next week for my children. I am hoping to look at the queen, what she does and what she looks like. We are going to look at where she lives and who her family are. I am planning on getting the children to think about their own families and have a go at making a family tree and comparing it to the queen's. We will make flags and bunting, and bake some cakes etc for a jubilee party on the friday with the rest of the school. I also have an idea flying around in my head of looking at pictures of our local area at the time that the queen became the queen (not too sure if i will find any pictures, but there is a chance) and comparing these to our area now. I was wondering what everyone else was planning to do (assuming you are doing the jubilee). Any ideas would be gratefully received :)

Looking forward to hearing some ideas :)

Well we have been exploring buildings in the city of London, making a large Big Ben,, we have lots of pictures, postcards of The London Eye, Tower of London, canvasses of red buses, telephone boxes, guards, Buckingham Palace, singing the National Anthem, we have made a huge pretend castle out of boxes, with priincess and guard outfits, flags, bunting and we are going to round it all off next week with a good old traditional street party with entertainer, sandwiches, jelly and ice cream, face painting, tattoo Union Jacks, decorate a crown biscuit and ring games and songs. The children are also going to each receive a commemorative mug with the preschool logo on as a keepsake. I think we might need the week off to recover and then bring on the Olympics yippee . :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)