Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Allocating Places

Hi all

How far in advance do you allocate places. We are a new nursery and are getting requests for places in September (fee paying) Obviously we do not want to allocate a place at the moment in case someone else comes in and wants it earlier. Would you charge them full or possibly half fees up to sept to secure their place.

Hope this makes sense

We look at our existing children first and allocate or change sessions. We are now ringing our waiting list to offer places for September. This then gives us time next half-term for the children to visit the setting weekly,meet the staff, give paperwork out etc. This year we are also introducing home visits for those that agree to them. You can look at it two ways, either wait and hope people will arrive now, or guarantee places in advance for others, only you can decide what's best for your provision.

I don't think people would pay a retainer - can you charge a deposit?

I know lots of children are leaving in July to go to school so I am booking people in for September and have done for several months. We are full now so I can't take more at the moment anyway.

Good luck with your nursery :)

We do very much the same as Fredbear. We give the current parents until the end of May to confirm what hours they want for September. Then we ring parents on the waiting list, who have to then sign up and pay a deposit to secure the place. We find we have to be very clear that the place is not guaranteed until the deposit is paid - it is amazing how many parents try to claim they did not realise they need to pay it! We also have to explain that the deposit is not 'fees in advance', but that the deposit will be returned to them when the child leaves the setting, minus any outstanding fees!

Hope your new venture goes well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)