Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Must, Should What's The Truth

This might be the company we used as I don't have IE (Mac user) and they did bend over backwards to help me access it, and succeeded. It was a really good price for us and staff could access it as often as they wished.

• 3 weeks later...

I've spoken to my Early Years Advisor and they assured me only one of our team (there are 5 of us) need hold the Food Hygiene Certificate and as long as information was fedback we would be ok.....is this the case???

And I was informed by my Early Years that ALL 6 of us needed to do it as it's a 'must' - actually I was also told this at the 2008 introduction of EYFS.

In 2008 we all had to do level 2 which was a full day course and way over the top for what we do, we have just had to renew and now they are offering a Level 1 course which was 3 hours and a perfect level if you are just preparing basics snacks and a little bit of cookery now and again.

• 3 weeks later...

we are a committee run preschool and have a parents rota, the parent usually comes in to prepare and serve snacks, as mentioned above pouring milk or water, preparing fruit and other uncooked snacks so where does that leave the parental involvement in this. Our parents like to do this job as it is something a lot of them feel comfortable doing and do it well and from a staff point of view although one alotted staff member keeps an eye on this incase of problems it frees staff up to work with the children

Guest MaryEMac

We are all at level two (5staff) and we are going to do a refresher next month. This has been organized by another local pre-school through our local council. It was cheaper the more people signed up for it. We don't even prepare snacks as children bring their own.

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)