Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handwriting

Hello I am doing a activity on handwriting patterns inside a fish cut out with reception what is the best materials to use apart from felt tips to use what patterns would you focus on? Wavy lines and anything lse thanks for any help

Guest LornaW

Welcome to the forum ink12!

Have the children been studying fish? If so they will have notices the scales and different colours etc so they may have some ideas on the patterns they would like to make. Have the children had lots of practice in gross motor activities and this is the last stage?

If not and the activity is to practice a particular handwriting pattern such as the C shape or V shape then I would do it with the children in the air first and also in the sand, on sandpaper, in shaving foam, with large paint brushes etc in the outdoors and then finally as the pattern for the fish. Also depending on the ability of the children if you do have the fish templates ready then a variety of sizes would be preferable. I would also offer a selection of writing implements such as pencils, crayons, felt tip pens etc. The trouble with always using felt pens is children don't get used to the pressure needed for writing with pencil so some HB, 2B and 2H will give the children different experiences.

I'm sure there will be lots of folk come along with more ideas.

Lorna

Thanks for the ideas I'm going to focus n wavy lines and te Alan peat 6 handwriting patterns they need to know its not particularly fishy but it is specific to handwriting keep the ideas coming they are great

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)