Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ppa Cover

On September my Head would like my TA to cover my PPA time, which I am really happy about as she is fantastic. Only problem is shes only Level 2, not Level 3. Is this OK? I'll only have 15 reception children in my class and she will be supported by another TA. Thanks x

It is down to the HT to decide if this person can do this role and doesn't require them to be qualified. They are working under the direction of a teacher, ie you, even if you are not in the room. It's all clarified in the current EYFS statutory framework.

I know Dreamgirl, I'm very lucky. Its a small village school with only four classes so one year group has to be on their own, and luckily for me its Reception! Some of my TAs hours are with a statemented child this year so probably won't have her all the time next year.

And thanks catma, will have another look at statutory framework, seems to tie me up in knots reading that sometimes!

My TA does all my cover (for 30) and is fantastic. She approached the head asking to do it in frustration after pretty much running the show when supply teachers came in who didn't know the class. When she covers for me they get in a TA to support her usually one of our part time ta's

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)