Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No Mow Grass

Has anyone laid an artifical lawn at their setting such as "no-mow grass"?

http://www.luckylizard.co.uk/index.htm

We have a very muddy bare patch of grass in our garden at the moment . We are looking for suitable surfaces to suggest to the church centre manager as a more hard-wearing alternative. This looks great but I'd like to hear from anyone who has already installed it.

Is it expensive? Is it as hardwearing as it looks? Does it provide a soft landing for trips and falls? Are there any problems with it?

Thanks

Carolyn

Hmmm..... two days and no replies. I wonder if that means no-one has any experience of alternative surfaces. I'd really like to hear from you if you have.

We have a child with a very serious heart condition starting in September. She is on a blood thinning medication and we need to make that outside area as safe as possible because if she falls and grazes or cuts herself she will bleed profusely so we have a special interest in getting this right.

Hope someone can help!

Carolyn

Edited by Carolyn C

Guest alisonjayne

Hello carolyn

Sorry I can't be of any help, but just wanted you to know that I have read your post, hopefully there is someone out there that can help.

Ali

Sorry carolyn Im sure we missed this between us and thanks for bringing it back up for attention.

I dont have personal experience, I do know a couple of schools who have used

evergreeens

with any new and potentialy expesive product its worth finding out from the company if they can tell you where has it installed in you location. This way you can go and have a look for yourself and find out all about it. Give them a ring and ask if they can do this?

Unless we do have members who have used it? If so please come and let us know!

Hi Carolyn, sorry!

We have an artificial grass surface in both our DNs, although I don't actually know what it's called! The important thing is to make sure it's laid properly, then all should be OK. It may need a bit of attention when it's been down for a while, ours has been down for 9 years and is a bit bumpy in places, but it's OK when children fall over, dries very quickly after rain, even heavy, and maintains a good appearance. Only thing I would say is that it's possible to get a nasty 'carpet burn' if children drag each other about on it, as has been known!

Hope that's helpful,

Sue :D

I think we probably have the same stuff as Sue - I tend to refer to it as a 'soft play surface', but it's sort of furry not like the tarmac type stuff you get. It seems problem free as far as scrapes go. But, like Sue said, make sure it is laid properly as ours has weeds growing through it as the contractors didn't lay underlay (or something?), whereas, on the other side of our fence (KS1 playground) it is weed free. xD Unfortunately this requires someone to use weedkiller periodically - which requires planning so that it is done on a Friday evening or during the holidays. What a pain!

The great thing about the surface is that the children create 'rivers' on it; when they pour water on to it - either directly or accidentally, it takes a while to soak in and they are fascinated by it's movement down the hill. :o

Thanks for the help everyone. Glad it lasts a long time and works well for you. I'll try and find out if they've sorted out the carpet burn thing in the last 9 years :D

Carolyn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)