Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sias (Re) Inspection

Hi everyone

We have our SIAS inspection a few weeks into next half term and was just looking for some advise. We are a church of England school and our classroom has a strong link with this such as displays and photos. The part I am worried about is a 25min obseravtion of our religious time. Our religious focus this half term is 'where is my special place?' The first week we have lots of quiet reflection time thinking about parts of our school we like e.g a part where we can be quiet, calm etc.

For my observation lesson I am planning on a quiet circle time and thinking about 'if i could be anywhere i would be....' and go around the circle sharing ideas with me and my TA beginning to give them some ideas. I am not necessarily looking for a strong religious link as the next lesson we will be moving on to think about special places to Christians and we are going to visit the church. After the children have thought about their special place I want them to make a representation of it. They can make a model, picture or collage. The children will then share them with their friends at the end of the day when they are dry and everyone has finished. However the observer will not be there to see this part. Could anyone give me feedback or ideas to improve this????

Also, Im worried about assessment. The KS1 and KS2 teachers have levelled work from the NC and assessment to show during the day where as I only have a class photo book and the work they have produced throughout the year and my planning which is in the subject leader folder. Does anyone know if this is sufficient or should I have alot more????

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

Guest littlemissblonde

Hi We had ofsted visit a couple of weeks ago. and I don't know if the inspection You are due is a similar experience so you might not need these things

I have the profile printed out and stuck on the inside of the journals and I have used a different colour hilighter for baseline, Autumn and spring so progress is obvious. I have analysed the profile each term and compared it to the previous couple of years and have divided my analysis into girls,boys, summer birthdays FSM and ESL.

They asked to see learning journals could you not add some links to development matters and PSED to your photos. would some observations for them to look at alongside the KS1 and KS2 NC assessments work.

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have got learning journeys which have lots of photos, observatons and the profile etc but they will only be focusing on religion as they from the diocese. I could give them the learning jouneys to look at at the start of the day tho so thank you for ideas

Just to clarify for members who aren't sure what an SIAS is, it is the Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools and takes place within 6 months of an OFSTED inspection. The focus is on how the school shows its Christian character, and will look at the well being of pupils, the effectiveness of Collective Worship, the understanding of Christian values, progress in knowledge and understanding and learning from religion, and the schools place within the community.

Special places and feeling safe sounds good to me, and you can use the children's progress in personal and social development as evidence. Any records of specific celebrations from Christianity and other cultures/religions, links with the church and parents, helping others, giving to charity, doing an assembly, are all evidence. It would be useful for you to check on what is in your Agreed Syllabus for the Foundation Stage just in case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)