Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Children And New Eyfs

I am in a school based nursery, and having chatted to our head of school we are using the new framework for any that have or will start nursery from this point onwards. We will then have best of both worlds, a handful of children that we can get to know the new framework with, as well as maintaining what we already do for the other children.

My question is, how will people transfer data accross in Sept? We will have about 15 children who have already started with us and we have been highlighting their progress against the old EYFS aspects of learning, would you just draw a line & start a fresh in Sept, or try to at least work out where their starting point was based on the updated aspects so you have a comparison point to continue to show progress...?

We are getting reprints of the EYFS for every staff member from my original which I printed out myself, and will agree on a 'switch-over' date once all of the staff have made themselves familiar with the new version. I am planning to write an explanation letter which will be placed in each child's Learning Journey to explain the changes to Parents and Carers when they are sent home that term. After reading through the new version, I find it easier to understand and put into practice and think that the biggest hurdle is going to be changing all of the observation, planning and assessment paperwork in line with the changes. I will be uploading docs onto the resources section of FSF and will also be looking for docs which others have uploaded to cut down on the time it will take me!

We had a meeting this evening & have decided to start any new children from this point on with the new aspects of learning. Thus giving us one or two children each to focus on and get our heads round the new wording & areas, while being able to carry on with the old ones for children who started before Easter.

I have tweaked the aspects of learning into grids which have a blank column for adding in observation numbers / dates etc to show when children have achieved them. Hopefully this is attached! lol

new aspects of learning statements take 2.doc.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)