Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Artists

Anyone have any good ideas about using an artist as a starting point then letting children have various resources to create their interpretation. Thought of Monet, Van Gogh so far.

Guest ChunkyMan

I have introduced Andy Goldsworthy and then provided lots of natural atelier materials for them to create their own interpretations.

We used Van Gough wheat field with crows during our topic on senses. The children recreated the pictures just using thir fingers, dabbing etc. They looked fab!

i have done Jackson Pollock - different ways to flick/ splat paint / use a pendulum to swing bottle of paint - also my children danced about with the dance ribbons saying they where painting like Jackson Pollock!

like above Mondrian - i have mine huge sheets of white paper and rollers and they made lines then filled in the gaps also outside made large Mondrian with paper sheets and garden cains

Lichtenstein - good for superheros and dotty pictures

also Georges-Pierre Seurat - picture made from dots

Lowry - stick men

Paul Klee - colored squares

look at cubism - make sculptures with cardboard boxes

erm.. i'll get back to you when i remember any others i have done

Emma x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)