Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Prams Is It Worth Starting Before New Eyfs

Hi,

Just a quicky, We are currently looking at tracking systems for pupil progress at our nursery. I am interested in using PRAMS as I would much prefer an electronic system rather than doing it all on paper. My only concern is that I will input all of the data and then with the changes to the EYFS in September, I will have to change everything to fit into the new core areas.

Can anyone tell me how PRAMS is going to update its system and if it is better for me to simply hold off using it until September?

Thanks

Emma

Hi Emma -

PRAMS will be changed to fit the new EYFS when it's published (there's an option already in PRAMS to use the 'old' or 'new' EYFS, which is currently grayed out, but which will be activated when the new EYFS has been programmed in after publication.

However, whether or not to begin using it now with children that are still going to be at your setting next year is a good question. One thing you might like to consider is to begin using it for children who are due to leave and go to reception in September. In this way you get to practice with the program and have some completed records for children who leave at the end of the new academic year?

Of course, there is little chance to produce reports on progress over time, but you could certainly be evaluating and making judgements on their current age bands - along with capturing some notes and images.

I'm not sure I've given a totally satisfactory answer there, but hope it's of some use. :1b

I'm doing just that Steve to practice on as it often takes me a while to get my head around things. So far I am liking it and managing it , had a couple of blips where it hadn't saved but probably my own error.

smiles

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)