Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mothers' Day Cards

Does anyone have any good ideas for making Mothers' Day cards? I am really lacking in inspiration at the moment!

We usually take a photo of the child with their mum holding a bunch of flowers. Then we print it during the session. Meanwhile the children and mums decorate a frame together and then we stick the photo on....this is our version of a card. We put a little message on the back and a date.

We made cards with a photo of each child with one hand held in a fist towards the camera, printed it off and then put a real lolly in the hand on the photo. The children then decorated the rest of the card and added their message

I have attached an image of a similar one used for valentine daylollycard.doc

Guest tinkerbell

our topic is spring and flowers so we are making a flower card.

strip of binca and the children do a running stitch from middle bottom to three quarters up,they then go back down weaving in and out of stitches to make a stem.cut petal shapes out of felt ( they can do this) and glue on petals and then they choose a button from the button box to stick or stitch in the middle of the flower...glue on to folded card...they look really good.

In the past

folded card on its side and lots of pattern(could be handwriting prac!)in colourful,felt tip...then get children todraw round and cut out their feet(bare is best)stick the feet on the card so the toes are hanging over the edge..they may want to colour nails like nail varnish..inside write mum put your feet up ......they always look effective

Hi Max

what a lovely idea with the photo and lollies. We are a healthy eating school so we would have to try and attach a banana or bunch of grapes :D

What programme did you use to make the card?

Guest ChunkyMan

I always think it is lovely for your child to actually produce something for themselves...provide them with lots of paper in complimentary colours/textures/patterns, templates etc and a variety of card for them to collage on with sequins and what ever else you want, maybe provide examples of possible outcomes then each card will be different and unique to their child.

One of my most successful Mothers day cards was when I took in a jug of daffodils as inspiration and children used whatever media they liked to create a picture of them. We'd provided appropriate sized paper to produce their art work on which we then mounted on to a folded card once dry. Most did the daffodils some did their own collage flowers. All enjoyed it and the resulting washing line of cards was lovely to look at - all different yet all beautiful.

Hi

I like the idea of a photo with mum in it as well. We have mostly babies and toddlers in our new setting, many under 1. I was thinking of a little photo on the front and a few 'marks' or finger paint splodges, with an appropriate greeting inside. Big challenge for me as new to working with such tinies, but I absolutely love the new challenge :wub: .

Lesley

Edited by lesleypimperne

Hi Max

what a lovely idea with the photo and lollies. We are a healthy eating school so we would have to try and attach a banana or bunch of grapes :D

What programme did you use to make the card?

I just printed the photos onto normal paper and the children decided what colour/design card they wanted to use and glued their photo onto it, Two little slits to slide the lolly in and job done. Not sure it would work with banana or grapes though and although we too are a healthy eating setting as the lolly is intended as a gift for mum not too much of a clash. We've also done one using an after eight mint in its sleeve stuck on a card and the children draw stems and flowers coming from the sleeve which then looks like the flower pot on the finished picture, can also work using an elizabeth shaw type mint as the centre of a flower. After all most mums would like a sweet treat from their own little sweetie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)