Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Quality Home Area Furniture

Hi everyone,

don't know about everyone working in a busy children's environment, but the wear and tear on equipment with lots of little hands using it....simply the equipment wears out and I am in the fortunate position to have some funding from local Children's centre network and have decided that the home area units are looking shabby (doors and knobs off etc.) can anyone recommend a really good quality furniture i.e. kitchen units.

many thanks!

thank you Narnia, we've got the hollow wooden blocks and they withstand everything our 2 - 11s throw at them!...CP sell their unit individually as well, space is tight because they need to fit underneath a Kasbah woooden unit....will be spending our pennies next week and having a revamp in the home area, new pots and pans etc. too!

i think i must be the only person who has had a problem with community playthings! ...i realise that some of their stuff is fantastic but it is soooo expensive

you could have over 12 units from ikea like this one http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49874533/ for the same price as the basic one from cp! or alternatively you could change your home corner every year for 12 years before you have spent the same money!! ;)

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about CP, I keep looking at their website but have nver been inspired enough to buy anything. My wish list is with TTS, love about £5,000 of their stuff at the moment, a case of trying to have a champagne lifestyle on beer money I'm afraid. I need new home corner furniture and a water tray so will just have to make do with that for now. Still new financial year so maybe I'll get to buy more then

Our home corner furniture wasn't from Community playthings and we've had it for about 5 years and it needs completely replacing - I don't know how the CP stuff is put together, but the cheaper units from another company have the backs stapled on - & the staples work out so have to be replaced, we've had trapped fingers in cabinets, the hinges have been fixed about once every 6 months... We will not be getting like for like.

We'd been given money form our LEA that had to go on a sand & water table & blocks & a storage shelf for them from CP - and they are fantastic, so well made, so sturdy with smooth edges, I love them.

Refitting the whole of preschool from CP is on my long term goals ;-) it might take a bit of fund raising though...

I know what you mean Lyanne, I bought a GALT computer table once - it was terrible, screws just kept coming out. We sent it back in the end. I vowed then to buy CP, and doing quite well too, changing bits of furniture with CP as and when we can. In fact the CP kitchen is doing better than the Focus adult kitchen we had fitted at the same time!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)