Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Foundation Stage Policy

I've recently been appointed Foundation Stage co-ordinator and have been asked to write a FS policy (incl nursery), OFSTED pending next year. Could anyone guide me on where to look for good examples? I've already spent days searching the internet. Or, has anyone got a good example that they could send me? Also, what kinds of things do I need to include. I've read about outside learning policy. Is this a separate policy or integrated in FS policy, what else do I need???????? Thank goodness I've got the Summer holidays to wirte it. Any help would be brilliant. Emma

:D I found this (can't remember where) when I had to write a policy for our unit. It's really good as you can make it suit your setting. I hope it helps,

Sue

34757[/snapback]

34976[/snapback]

Thanks Sue this is really useful. I had a meeting with my LEA advisor today and she agrees with the formate of your policy notes. She also suggested that I should be looking at developing a policy for transisition. This seems to be the hot new topic of the moment. Emma :)

we are in the process of developing a 'transition' policy (Fs to KS1 that is) but the curretn buzz words a re apparently 'continuity and progression' (bit of a mouth full there)!

we are in the process of developing a 'transition' policy (Fs to KS1 that is) but the curretn buzz words a re apparently 'continuity and progression' (bit of a mouth full there)!

34981[/snapback]

35110[/snapback]

That sounds interesting Mundia, I'd love to see what you come up with. have you seen continuing the learning journey? Lot's of interesting stuff there. It's a pity that they haven'y included any guidline for developing a policy. My LEA advisor told me that training will begin in Spring for transistion so maybe we'll get more info then!!!! emma

yes Emma it's all quite exciting for us really as it means big changes for the way we work in year 1. Ihave no idea what the policy will look like as yet. I have got the bright pink folder but as yet havent had chance to take much in from it.

WE havent had any formal training in 'transition' and we've not been made aware of any as yet by the LEA, but a number of colleagues have attneded Ros bayley's smooth trasnitions course and come back full of ideas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)