Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'me Box'

I went on a letters and sounds course it was suggested that to help children communicate that we send home a special box and children then put in it items special to them. eg, small toy, photos etc.

Does anyone do this?

How do you work it and do you have a copy of a letter that goes home with it please.

many thanks

buttercup

Hi we do this and we call it the marvellous me box!!!

It goes home with one morning child and one afternoon child each week (we have 2 boxes)

I cant find a copy of the letter right now but we have a little note taped inside the lid about there being only one rule-

that the lid fits on after the child has put in whatever it wants to!!

It isnt a rule but we also strongly suggest nothing being sent in that is valuable either monetarily or personally because we like for all the children to look feel etc.

It has been lovely to do and an insight into what the children feel is important to them!!

Good luck with it!!

Oh I forgot to say we send it home on a Monday and it comes back on a Wednesday!! Obviously this has to be flexible with a couple of children only doing tuesday and thursday sessions!!!

Edited by Scarlettangel

Hello

We call ours a "Chatterbox" . We covered a shoebox with paper and sticker stars. There is a message to the grown up on the inside lid that reads something like, "Hello, I'm Nursery's Chatterbox. Put something inside me that is special or interesting and we can chat about it!"

We send it home with a child everyday in a pretty jute bag and we chat in our circle time. They love it!

Jo

• 1 month later...

have been doing for a term now. Its going really well. No one has forgotton. I have four boxes out at one time. Children really excited in bringing their things in. Lots of talk.

thanks for everyones help.

buttercup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)