Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anybody Want My Foundation Leader Position?!

Sorry but I need to have a moan. For over a year I feel as I have been banging my head against a brick wall and friday was the final bang! We are due a visit from a top person to check our status against new ofsted criteria so as usual panic even though we got good with outstanding features last June(its a long story about the visit so wont bore you). Just checking that the year R had every thing in place and enquired about CI and the structure of it as the person who is visiting is early years and very well known in her position. She visited three years ago and picked up on having more structure etc. Any way the year R teachers told me they just let the children go and play with no structure!! I have told them time and time again about how to introduce structure, they dont have time, what is the point, we are always playing catch up, we have too many children to ask them and so it goes on. Have informed SLT so if it all goes to pot I've done my bit. I am in the nursery and those children who went to the main school have had all the input that my team have spent the previous year doing being completly wasted. I've taught in reception so I know how hard it gets etc. but I managed it even though we had to do exactly the same amount of work. Why do people make life so hard? Will let you know how it goes. :o

oh dear how frustrating for you , all i can suggest is hang on in there and makes notes everytime you mention or advise reception , but if staff are not doing as you ask surely as Foundation leader you can act on this - after all you should be supported by a good team

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)