Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3 City And Guild

:o Hi there, anyone out there doing the City and Guilds NVQ 3. I have just registered and I'm having problems with Element 8.1 Pi's question 9. Respond to contingencies and spontaneous learning opportunities to actively engage pupil's interest and reinforcing learning.

Can anyone help.

Pixy.

It looks a bit like M8 but I'm not sure; it's unusual to start with an optional unit isn't it?

34657[/snapback]

Being in Scotland I really don't know what the difference would be with a City and Guilds NVQ. Perhaps Pixy can enlighten us Weightman. :)

Pixy,

Which unit is this for?

34655[/snapback]

Hi Beau, thanks for replying. I'm doing the City and Guilds nvq3 for Teaching Assistants (7327) Version 3. I have just started Unit 8 Support pupils during learning activities. There are two parts to this unit and I'm doing Element 8.1 question 9. (Performance Indicators.)

Finding it quite stressful but i'm getting there slowly. Would apreciate if anyone else is doing same one or has any advice on this question.

Pixy

This is interesting Pixy! You're doing a different NVQ3 course than the Early Years one we usually discuss here, which is why I think we're all a little unsure of how we might help. Taking a bit of a wild guess (and since the NVQ3 guidance articles aren't appropriat I think a wild guess is called for, here goes):

Imagine you're taking part in a planned activity but the children decide to go off in an entirely unexpected direction, how would you continue to support their learning?

You might like to think about an activity at the sand and water table, or during role play where you have a topic or goal in mind (eg testing out what is heavy and sinks and what is light and floats), but it is intercepted by a child's interest in, for example, how you can't see something at the bottom of the water when you're stirring the sand round. Or something! (help me out here people! :o)

It would require a good working knowledge of the curriculum areas to be able to flexibly follow in the footsteps of a child's spontaneously creative impulse, but you can probably see the sorts of child initiated activities that would qualify here, and maybe come up with some of your own?

Hope that helps - if not, just ignore me - I'm quite used to it! xD

Steve,

As if any of us would ignore you. :o

Pixy,

Hope that this has been some help to you. You should be able to draw upon some of your personal experiences to cover any performance indicators not observed. Just think of a scenario (such as Steve has suggested) and how you would normally respond. They are not meant to trip you up but sometimes the wording can be a little confusing. Just make sure you detail your own role and the wonderful work you do and you won't be going far wrong. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)