Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jack And The Beanstalk

Hi all

Just been told by room leader we are doing the topic of jack and the beanstalk on monday. Please could anybody share some idea to implement this topic. I am trying to write a essay for uni and do the plannng at the same time.

Thankyou fi

Guest ChunkyMan

When we did fairytales we decided to make the classroom look like someone had trashed it...we turned over tables, pushed out a couple of ceiling panels etc...we left large black paper foot prints and other such clues (it was the giant of course!) so when they came in first thing in the morning we acted as if we didn't know what had happened, the children went around investigating. They loved it and asked lots of questions, made lots of observations and after a lively discussion (with some pointed questions and suggestions) they finally came to the correct conclusion.

It was a really successful way to introduce the story.

Cx

We made a wall display with the children drawing round an adult for the giant and a child for Jack and then cutting out and colouring/collaging. The children all wanted to be drawn round and had lots of fun comparing shape and size. Sparklebox website has lots of free resources for this story.

We made a wall display with the children drawing round an adult for the giant and a child for Jack and then cutting out and colouring/collaging. The children all wanted to be drawn round and had lots of fun comparing shape and size. Sparklebox website has lots of free resources for this story.

Regarding Sparkle Box, whether or not there is still a ban on this site or not I do not know, but wouldn't use it just in case. This website should give you an idea why Sparkle Box was banned.

Visit My Website

Regarding Sparkle Box, whether or not there is still a ban on this site or not I do not know, but wouldn't use it just in case. This website should give you an idea why Sparkle Box was banned.

Visit My Website

We've not heard of this in our area - but certainly don't let our children use interactive on-line sites anyway. It's still the best site for printable resources we've found - unless you know of any others .... always looking for good resources.

We've not heard of this in our area - but certainly don't let our children use interactive on-line sites anyway. It's still the best site for printable resources we've found - unless you know of any others .... always looking for good resources.

http://eyfs.info/forums/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry303004

This thread will give you some suggestions for alternative sites, and whilst children using on-line sites unsupervised is unadvisable, it's also a question of this convicted person STILL receiving money everytime some uses and prints off labels, signs etc. from his site. :o

Hi,

our children loved the story of Jack and the Beanstalk and requested it every day. We drew around one of the dads who happened to be really tall and one of the smaller children as Jack. We also borrowed the 'Giant's shoes' and let the children compare their feet to them.

We used the templates to do some really messy hands on painting and pinned them onto our wall. The children made leaves (more messy painting) and we pasted them around Jack and the Giant.

I had to hide the book in the end as I think I read it at least 4 times a week for more than a month!

Kerry

http://eyfs.info/forums/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry303004

This thread will give you some suggestions for alternative sites, and whilst children using on-line sites unsupervised is unadvisable, it's also a question of this convicted person STILL receiving money everytime some uses and prints off labels, signs etc. from his site. xD

That doesn't seem right - I'm surprised he's still allowed. Thanks for the link :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)