Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foam Floor!

Morning everyone - I hope someone out there can hElp me with a problem I have with my outside area. I am lucky enough to have a lovely outside area with a sandpit, tyres, a cosy corner etc - and my kids are in it most of the day when the weather suits because the floor is that terrible foam play tile stuff and it drives me mad! Can't use it when it's frosty , can't use it when it's wet, can't use it when it's too hot - it burns - aaarrrgghh. However recently the tiles have started lifting and now a significant amount of the tiles no longer lay flat and have in fact become a health and safety hazard - we have had someone in for a quote to lay a new floor and we just can't afford it. The company who laid them have gone into administration because i think the fault really lies with them - they havent been laid properly - does anyone know of any cheap flooring places I can use. It's a relatively small area so it really has to be one surface even though I would love to vary it. Any help would be appreciated.

Nicky

We used parent help to lay rubber chippings. You can source them reasonably cheaply on the internet and one of our parents is a builder who helped prepare the area. We now have a new all weather surface. You do also need a barrier to prevent weeds etc coming through but we ended up with a surface thats much cheaper than what companies were quoting.

Hi Cazzarc, thank you for making your first post!

What a super idea but presumably quite a small area? Any chance you could get some parents onboard, Nicky? I know in the schools I have worked in we would have struggled to get this sort of support.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)