Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Friendly Software

Hi,

As both ICT coordinator and a Foundation Stage teacher at my school I have asked if we could purchase some software that the Reception children could use to support their learning and have been told to cost it up as there is money available for this (I've not been told how much - I have to put my case forward!). So I was wondering what you would reccommend.

Ideally we would love some software that we could put on all the computers in the unit to support the children with thier phonics (mainly phases 2 - 3) that the children could use during free flow activities and also some PSRN software. At the moment we have 2simple maths city, but very little else and the children are not getting much out of the very basic software that we have. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thank you,

RosieC

Guest tinkerbell

we have Esspresso on all computers in our school .The Reception children love it and it covers all six areas of learning in Foundation.KS1 and KS2 ( although you need more coverage for KS2)

Education city is fanstastic for children from 3yrs old all through primary. Not sure how much it is but the children love it. It has games and songs that the children can use independently or can be used for carpet time activities. The activities are divided into areas of the EYFS for f1 and f2 but not sure about older than that

Hi we use education city which we pay for yearly and I think it's fab-I use it pretty much daily for interactive phonics and then the children access the games independently. We have also as a school just bought 'purple mash' in as a platform which is 2 simple programmes rejuvinated and made for the IWB as well. We had a demo last week and we were as a staff blown away by what you can do on it, I've been using it with the children today to do chinese new year writing- def well worth a look. I'm in reception BTW

deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)