Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superheroes

Guest Anje

Hi, just wondered if anyone could suggest a visit for the topic of superheroes. Any ideas would be welcome - we are in Wakefield but are prepared to travel ...Thanks

I wonder whether you have read the post on here yesterday called Golden Moments. This is about a class who went to visit some local caves because they were Batman mad, it is a lovely inspiring post and shows what can happen when teaching staff go that extra mile, the post was by nickynooblue

Edited by Panders

we visited our local fire station and met the firemen :) when we did superheroes we talked about the qualities of superheroes, saving people, putting other people before themselves etc and that led us to think about real life superheroes so I had in a paramedic, st john's ambulance people and a doctor. We then had a superhero day where we all dressed up (I was glitter girl!-secret power spreading sparkle and fun) and we had a challenge (rescuing teddy from the evil T-who was one of the teachers) but needing to complete several challenges each challenge scored us a magic crystal (glass nugget) and we had to pay to get teddy back when we had 100 crystals. My favourite challenge was the laser beam challenge where I had threaded red wool all over the outside area and the children had to navigate to the other side to collect a crystal by stepping over and under the 'lasers' without touching them.

have fun-we certainly did!

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)