Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birth To Three Matters Mixed Groups

wellerkaren

fwithin my nursery the childrne start when they are 2 and leave just before they start reception. i have asked my advisory team of way of implementing the bttm with in my setting as we use a family grouping method so far they have not been much help. is anyone eles in the same situation and if so how do theyt mannnage this in there setting.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed this post and it looks like others did, too! :D

A member of my staff has just attended an LA course on the BTTM framework, and the tutor said we should all be planning separately for the under 3s. I've also had feedback from Ofsted inspections that some inspectors feel strongly that under 3s shouldn't have to have separate planning, as long as differentiated activiites take place, and all staff are well-versed. Really confusing, isn't it? We, like you, have 2-4:11 year olds, and I really don't want to have to do different planning for the under 3s.

I may be wrong here (after all, I'm not perfect - :o ), but I also strongly feel it's down to differentiation. The pre-school section in which I work often has children as young as 2.6 or less, differentiation is our key. Why plan differently when all that's necessary is awareness and knowing your children - provided you do!!

If you really want, you can show where/how you're linking to BTTM, to keep people quiet?

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)