Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Problem Solving Activities

I have a couple of reception girls who came to me from the same nursery with feedback that they were both 'brilliant at maths', really good number knowledge, instinctive application of their knowledge etc.

I am struggling to see evidence of this for one of them in particular and am looking for fresh ideas to try and get her to demonstrate her abilities. She is something of a dreamer so this may be part of it - I simply need to give her more time to respond to things but she does also seem hesitant over number recognition of larger numbers, how to find totals etc.

She loves making things - especially drawing, cutting and sticking and spends ages in the making area making 'special presents for mummy'. She likes playing babies and stories too but has a tendency to 'moon around' a bit!

Any ideas anyone? I'm looking across the PSRN scales but particularly the problem solving points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)