Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Plastic Message Pots From Empty Drinks Bottles

I am looking for anyone who has photos of children's message pots made out of empty drinks bottles e.g. coke/lemonade with their photo on the front. I have been trying to explain to other practitioners what they look like and how to fix them to a wall or display board but they don't know what I mean - a photo would be great to show them - can anyone help.

Thanks

PS or any other easy/cheap options for making message pots for children which can easily be changed for 26 am and pm nursery children so they can put their mark making into a pot and also put messages in each others.

Hi myfanwy41

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making your first post :o

I have never come across using bottles as you suggest although I think I can understand what you mean.....I did a search and although I didn't find what you are looking for found some great other activities to do with plastic bottles here

Hope someone will be along soon to offer some more helpful advice than mine xD

Here's one I saw on a visit to Sweden- done with toilet rollspost-2157-1326397231_thumb.jpg

Wow apple those are fab, thank you for sharing, what a simple but great idea, am thinking I could make something similar but use the bigger inner tubes from carpet which would be stronger and fit bigger art work into

I am looking for anyone who has photos of children's message pots made out of empty drinks bottles e.g. coke/lemonade with their photo on the front. I have been trying to explain to other practitioners what they look like and how to fix them to a wall or display board but they don't know what I mean - a photo would be great to show them - can anyone help.

Thanks

PS or any other easy/cheap options for making message pots for children which can easily be changed for 26 am and pm nursery children so they can put their mark making into a pot and also put messages in each others.

these look interesting but we use old icecream tubs stood on a table where children can access them. This enables children to ask "What's this in my box?" etc and then we can talk to them about what is being sent home etc. It also allows children to put their art work/creations findings etc in their own box.

as for affixing them to a wall/board etc I would think that velcro would be the answer...on long length on your notice board then tabs of the other side on the bottles this way you could simply put up the bottles for those who are in on any given day etc.

Here's one I saw on a visit to Sweden- done with toilet rollspost-2157-1326397231_thumb.jpg

Thank you - After thinking more about it I was thinking of getting them to use old pringle pots! The ones from sweden will give them the idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)