Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progression In Mental Calculation

Hi all,

i have just taken over as Maths Co (!) and have been given the task of doing 2 parents workshops!!! I am looking for some help with making a poster to show progession in Mental Calculation Strategies and have been able to complete all but the Early Years part. I am sure I need to talk about counting and number recognition, number bonds, counting in 2's, 5's and 10's as well as representing numbers through jottings etc but would really like to make sure that I have everything I need and find some pictures to model this for parents. Can anyone add to my list or give me a useful resource so that I can copy the images onto my poster?

Thanks in anticipation!

Jo

Hi all,

i have just taken over as Maths Co (!) and have been given the task of doing 2 parents workshops!!! I am looking for some help with making a poster to show progession in Mental Calculation Strategies and have been able to complete all but the Early Years part. I am sure I need to talk about counting and number recognition, number bonds, counting in 2's, 5's and 10's as well as representing numbers through jottings etc but would really like to make sure that I have everything I need and find some pictures to model this for parents. Can anyone add to my list or give me a useful resource so that I can copy the images onto my poster?

Thanks in anticipation!

Jo

Hi

If you have an ECC teacher in your school she/ he will have lots of useful stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)