Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Working Wall

Hi Everyone,

I am the Year R teacher in a Primary School. This year (with Ofsted looming!) we are going for consistency throughout the key stages and every classroom is to have a 'working wall'. I am a bit stuck as to what to do. Any ideas on what a working wall might look like in the Foundation Stage?

Guest LornaW

Then after reading the link info from Inge you may find this video useful.

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Tea...anning-6038933/

Working walls need to be just that very interactive and constantly changing they are about sharing the learning and all children and adults need to be involved in them. They are not about putting up a great display and they work best when used daily - so pften they just become another hurdle that teachers have to jump to satisfy the SLT!

Lorna

Yet another classic example of the one size fits all school of leadership. I despair.

However, I think most EYFS display is a working wall, if you are adding to it from across all the 6 areas of learning and can show progression in the childrens competencies (those you are targetting).

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)