Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birthday Charts

Hi everyone, I am hoping you anyone could share their birthday chart ideas with me. I am wanting to change mine next year (I have rec and yr 1) and am lacking inspiration. I have had a train and carriages for each month but really want to change it.

Thanks (in advance!!) :D:D:D

I have done an Elmer parade over the last few years.

Large decorated 'Elmers' with month of year on each.

Children do picture of themselves which I add date of birthday and their name and stick on appropriate month.

Looks really effective as I offset the elephants to look as if they are on parade. One year when we were partcularly pushed for resources I didnt change the Elmers just took the previous class 'portraits' off and added the new intake.

Hope I have described it clearly - I could try and take a pic of it if you like and send it to you let me knowl

Regards

Michaelle

They're lovely, Michaelle :D

I've also seen/used different kinds of tropical fish (each one a different month), sailing boats, hot air balloons (on a display board, and also hanging from the ceiling), and teddy bears holding presents, with the children's names on the presents.

how about a sunflower, with a petel for each month? gives them the idea that december is followed by january...

I bought six plastic flower pots and cut them in half. Each one was taped to the wall with brightly coloured strong tape. Each child made their own flower. Their name and the date of birth was written in the middle of the flower and placed in the appropriate pot! Oh the pots were labelled with the months! It made a lovely permanent display and easy to change as children arrived/left. Interestingly the children leaving after being with us for a couple of years placed great importance on taking the flower home :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)